Saturday, September 5, 2015

Crabby Crab Crabiness

Right after Ryan's long stint of work we left for a family vacation to the coast.  Ryan's parents stayed with us in a condo I had rented.  We drove over to Pismo after the boys got out of school Friday and by the time we had stopped for dinner and got situated in our condo it was dark but we just couldn't wait to see the beach! We were only staying two blocks from the pier so we went on a night stroll.  The boys were so excited and couldn't wait to swim in the ocean the next day.  My little hoodlums.


The condo was 2 bedroom, 2 bath with a nice living room, dining area and kitchen.  Pefect for the kids.


Ryan's brother and his wife and my nephew Ethan made the trip out Saturday morning and met us at the beach.  ALL the boys had a blast!  Seriously the best beach day since I was a kid myself.



Cruz is such an animal lover!  He was babbling up a storm trying to tell us something about this bird on the beach.  Pointing and babbling.  I'm sure he thinks he's saying "mom, look at that bird"


I showed the boys how to catch sand crabs.  Landen didn't want to do the catching but he held onto the bucket and waited for me to bring them to him.  I captured a few clams and sea snails as well (I think that's what they are called)


After awhile his bucket was almost full!! If you just gave the bucket a little shake, all the crabs would start moving around like crazy.


I even snatched up this beautiful blue/green crab


After a while he dumped the bucket back into the water but he sure had fun while it lasted.

Vincent couln't wait to fly this kite.


I called us the red wagon tribe (with a little blue tent)


We took a lunch break and then Cruz crashed for a nap in the pop up tent.

  
This is what I get when I ask for a smile           

After lunch the boys went right back at it.  Playing in the waves, giggling, running, crashing and laughing.




Ethan brought his boogie board.  All the boys tried it but Ethan and Vincent were the ones the really got the hang of it.



Cruz didn't bother putting his suit back on after nap.  Look at the beach babe. oh the rolls and pinch-able thighs.


Snacking on daddy's lap, I think he could get used to the beach life.


The water was freezing! I don't know how the boys could stand to be in that water for as long as they were.  But a few times they came out shivering and asking to dry off.

Are you cold Jacob?
That evening we all went out to dinner and then to a local ice cream shop called "The scoop"



 And then we headed back to the condo to watch a movie I had rented for the boys.  They watched most of it all snuggled in the queen pull out bed.  You can tell they were all exhausted if all three of them can sleep in a queen together without goofing off.


The next morning we spent some time at the Avila Valley Barn.  We have gone there the past three years in a row and it's a hit everytime.

On a hay ride.


I told them to jump and be silly.

I love watching their faces while they feed the animals.  Usually the tongue is out or they're cringing.  Cruz was trying to stay as far back as he could




Again Cruz is pointing to this Emu and babbling like crazy.  Maybe he speaks their language?


We were so glad Ryan's parents could stay with us for the weekend.  The boys sure do love their Grandma and Pi-pa.  And cruz's face......I laughed out loud when I saw this picture. Hah!


It was such a fun family vacation and so good to be with Ryan after he had been working so hard on the California fires.  We plan to make this a yearly tradition.  

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese

Camping in our new trailer is still yet to come! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment