Wednesday, December 10, 2014

All I Want For Christmas....

All I want for Christmas
....is some baby teeth.....okay not really. Cruz has been drooling like crazy but still no teeth for the gummy smile.  And I am OKAY with that!! He isn't super cranky and he is still sleeping solid through the night so teething isn't affecting him too much.  I will enjoy this toothless smile for as long as it will stick around!

but having zero teeth is not holding him back from eating! He is almost completely done with baby food!  I'm only giving him some now to finish up what little we have left in the pantry! I think the more children you have the sooner they pass through milestones.  Maybe we will introduce cows milk tomorrow!...I kid, I kid.



All I want for Christmas
....is to establish traditions...  

I want to Remember to do special Christmas traditions with my kids.  This year we got them a tree for them to decorate all by themselves.  I think their ability to spread the ornaments out might improve over the years.  We have also been doing an advent calendar which for whatever reason they call "our project" On the 24th we will put the gold star on top of the christmas tree on the advent calendar.  The boys know that when the star is on the tree then we can open presents!!  We are also working on learning about baby Jesus and his birthday.







All I want for Christmas
is for 4 boys to look at the camera and smile!
...and for them to all do that at the same time!  That probably won't happen for a while so I will have to take what I can get.  The wonderful Becca at Beccaandhercamera took our family pictures this year at the same time as Cruz's 6 month pictures.  I was so bummed we forgot Landen's glasses, he just doesn't look himself without them.  Oh well.  We captured how our family is at this time, 2014. 



Vincent 3.5 yrs

Landen 3.5 yrs

Jacob 2 yrs

Cruz - 6 months old


They are CRAZY!

Looking for alligators in the water below

My baby and me
All I want for Christmas
...is to try and do more arts and crafts with the boys...
My mom and dad had Vincent and Landen over to her house during Thanksgiving break and they made these cute little turkeys while they were at their house.  My mom used their handprints and footprints.  So I made them something for Christmas using the boys' handprints as well!  I can't post a picture of it because it's not quite finished so I haven't given it to them yet. (and I know they read my blog)


All I want for Christmas
...is to crawl into a little ball under my seat in church...
I signed Vincent and Landen up for children's choir at church.  They practiced for a few Sundays and then did a performance the Sunday after Thanksgiving.  My boys didn't like going to choir.  They cried on their way every time.  But whenever we were driving in the van, the choir song CD was the first and only thing requested for us to listen to.  Go figure.

Here they are waiting and ready to go onto the stage. 


Then they stood their looking around while we waited for them to start.  At one point Landen got tired of standing so he sat down.


And then.....! Vincent sat down.  The song started and they are both still sitting. Then Landen decided to play "puppy" and he licked Vincent's face.  Vincent of course thought this was funny so he laughed. Which made Landen want to do it again! I'm sitting in my chair mortified!


 At one point the choir director took Landen and put him on her lap. She later told me that the whole time Landen was on her lap he was saying "save me brother! save me!"  I was so embarrassed.  I took the boys home after first service to avoid them ruining the second service performance as well.  They both had very long time outs and we talked about what it was that they did that was making mommy so very sad.
Everyone I talked to about it said it was hilarious, and yes, if they were not my kids I probably would have thought it comical as well.  But in reality, they were not listening, they were not singing, and they were not on task.  We will try again next time kids choir starts up again....but for now, I'm going to try and pretend that little incident did not happen in front of the entire church!

All I want for Christmas
...Is for time to slow down!...

If you received our Christmas card,  you read that Cruz was not crawling yet.  Ya, I think the day I sent our cards off to be printed he decided to start crawling.  He is now mobile and on the loose.






 He even made it all the way down the entryway to come find me.  Look at that cute face!  Like "I did it! I found you mom!"


Now I have to keep all toys Cruz friendly.... I'm paranoid he's going to choke on something!



All I want for Christmas
..is to keep the memory of Karissa alive

I am starting to tell the boys a little bit more about her.  They don't quite understand but someday they will.  I have a K on the tree and a pink stocking on the tree for her.  Ryan and I attend a tree lighting ceremony for her every December put on by the Angel Babies organization in Fresno.  It's something that is so near and dear to our hearts during this busy holiday season.


All I want for Christmas
...is to be with family and make wonderful memories....
I decorated our mantel this year.  I wanted it to feel "christmas-y".  The boys love pointing to their letter on their stocking.  I hope they feel the Christmas spirit and warmth in our home.
I can't wait until Christmas Eve and Christmas day are here.  When we get to sit down with our kids and make some family memories together. We are starting to develop our own traditions with our little family of 6 and I hope they stay apart of their little brains and hearts for the rest of their lives.  I pray our children feel loved and feel special.  I pray they understand the true meaning of Christmas and that Jesus really does love them.  I pray they enjoy giving even more then they enjoy receiving.  I pray they understand contentment.  I pray they feel the love we have for them that day and everyday.




 Oh come let us adore him...Christ the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment