Saturday, July 12, 2014

Summa Summa Summa Time!!!

The year is pretty much half way over. So I guess that goes for summer too.  I have 3 weeks left of maternity leave and I'm trying to soak up as much summer as I can.  Our boys are really loving the water.  And since I can't always just pack up 4 kids and trek on down to my parent's pool, Ryan got an above ground pool for the boys.  They loved helping put it together! It's 12 feet by 4 feet.




Of course they had to have a little wrestling match in it before we started to fill it up with water.



They swim before naps and after naps pretty much daily.  And they are getting quite the tan because of it!  We have the most fun making whirlpools.




The last week in June, my cousin Chelsey drove up from Long Beach to hang out with me and the kiddos.  She has twins who are less than 2 months younger than Jacob.  Cole and Faith.  So all together we had 6 kids ages 3.5 and younger!  It was crazy.  There were GREAT times and there were CHAOTIC times!! Cruz kind of got ignored but he was pretty chill just watching all of the action.  We managed to make it to the park, on a walk through the neighborhood and to my parents to go swimming.  It was so hot, that we stayed inside a lot too.  The first night they were here I made chicken alfredo pasta.  Here is the assembly line:


Bedtime routine went great the first night! (the second night Vincent wasn't feeling well and went to bed early so it didn't quite go as smoothly as the first night). We sang songs and read a book.  We got Cruz in on a picture too.  Poor guy looks like he's about ready to get dropped (I assure you he wasn't in danger)




I wish I took more pictures while they were here....so that just means we will have to do it again! 6 kids.....a piece of cake, right Chelsey?!?!

The 3rd of July, my family went to the Visalia Rawhide baseball game and enjoyed the huge firework show they displayed afterwards.  Cruz was my "Great Catch" in his baseball outfit.


Fourth of July was pretty uneventful for us.  We were far from healthy.  Vincent was recovering from an ear infection (the first ever for any of my kids!) So he still had a low grade fever and Jacob, myself, and Cruz were all battling a cold.  So we opted to stay home and just do some fireworks on our own.  My brother-in-law, Stephen, had just gotten back from a hiking trip so they wanted a chill evening as well, so they came over to watch the show.

While we waited for it to get dark the kids swam and enjoyed some popsicles since it was soooo hot that night.

The boys loved their sparklers. AND we had a great view of the illegal fireworks that were being shot off just 3 houses down from us.  Cruz hung out on a blanket for a little while until it was time for him to go to bed.  We still had a great time even though we were a little under the weather.











Cruz is about 2 and a half months old and I feel like I hardly have any pictures of him and the ones I do have are of his cute face just smiling away.  He is such a good baby.  Quiet for the most part.  
He is starting to take some of his naps in his actual crib (he still sleeps in a pack-n-play in our room at night)



Sometimes he crashes in the bouncer or swing.  He prefers the swing to all other options.  All of my babies have loved the swing and I use that to my advantage!



He has this cute little red mark on his left eyelid.  He was born with it.  It hasn't lightened or darkened yet.  I wonder if it is here to stay.



And just because I think he is so cute here are a few of him just hanging out.

We root for the Angels or the A's in this household



FLIRT!


He doesn't cry too often but when he does he still has a cute little scrunchy face. I was trying to sit him up in his crib for some pictures and he wasn't having it.


Hope you all are enjoying your summa summa summa time!

No comments:

Post a Comment