Saturday, June 14, 2014

Camping in the HEAT

It has been almost a week since we got back from camping and I think I'm finally recuperated from the trip!

It was HOT!

We met my Aunt and her family at Buena Vista lake last weekend.  My parents also went with their trailer. (if they had not have gone...I wouldn't have either)

It was HOT!

On the way there the boys watched the Disney movie "Cars" (have I mentioned that I LOVE our van and the DVD player?) By the time the movie was over....we were arriving to the campground. The lake is only a couple hours south of us.



It was HOT!

One of the most memorable parts of the trip was watching Ryan put up the tent with his 3 little helpers.  I was feeding Cruz while watching and laughing at all the things the boys were doing...which was mostly getting in Ryan's way.


Vincent says "hmmm, lets see here. I will look at the map"




They each got a turn hammering in the stakes





It was HOT!

That night the boys roasted marshmallows and made s'mores which was a highly anticipated event because the first thing Landen said when I told him we were going camping was "oh...we have to get the marshmallows for the fire!!"

They slept in the tent with Ryan.  My dad slept in his own tent because he so graciously gave up his spot in the trailer for Cruz and I.  Cruz slept on a couch cushion next to where I was sleeping.  

So my mom and I and Cruz got to sleep in the air conditioned trailer.  



Cruz did awesome!  I fed him once at 4 a.m.  In the morning, my mom and I we were up around 7 getting ready for the day and starting to make breakfast so the noises woke him up again around 7:30.  It had been over 3 hours since he ate last and my experience with all my other babies is that when they wake up in the morning they are ready to eat.  Not this kid. I put him on the couch while I got things cleaned up and there he stayed smiling and cooing away while he was still swaddled up. Just the cutest thing.



My mom was a huge help in getting my family fed. We collaborated on the menu for the weekend and it worked out great!!

It was HOT!

While my Aunt and Uncle were getting the boat ready for the day the boys enjoyed some bubble time in camp.

It was HOT!




And they helped my cousins, Morgan and Chandler, set up some lawn games.  (They weren't much of a help...just like the setting up of the tent)


It was HOT!


It was boat time.... (Jacob had never been on a boat before)


It was HOT!

My cousins did some knee boarding and wake boarding and even Ryan got out there on the knee board for the first time.  And since....

It was HOT!!

We stopped a few times to just enjoy a swim in the lake.




Vincent is probably my biggest fish...He LOVES the water and can swim ALL day!



We headed back to camp for lunch and naps.

It was HOT!!

Jacob napped in the air conditioned trailer because man did he NEED a good nap.  Vincent, Landen and I tried to nap in the tent but it was.....Yup you guessed it....

It was HOT!

We got about 45 minutes of shut eye in, maybe even an hour.  We then headed back down to the lake to swim.  We were in the water for a couple hours just to keep cool and out of the heat because....

It was HOT!

Ryan caught on camera throwin' his kids around..quite literally.



We got all showered up before dinner. Another perk of having a trailer! Thank you Mom and Dad!!
The boys did great playing for the early evening.  Don't let the shade in the pictures fool you....

It was HOT!



Cruz did GREAT all weekend.  He stayed in the A/C trailer most of the time because he is a smart little man.  Only occasionally venturing out into the heat.  This is one of the only pictures I got of him outside.


It was HOT!

And this my friends, is camping in the 21st century...iphones save the day...when it's not quite dark enough to send them to bed but too hot to do anything else!



We packed up right after breakfast on Sunday because, I don't know if I've mentioned yet, it was HOT!! The expected high was to be 103 that day and it was already in the high 80's by 8:30 in the morning.

Camping was a TON of work but so worth it. The memories of putting up the tent and swimming in the lake with family will always be remembered. I know my boys loved it!

 A huge thank you to my Aunt and Uncle and cousins for camping with us and a big thank you to my parents.  Without them we would NOT have gone camping with 4 little kids. Come on, we aren't that crazy!

oh...and did I tell you already...it was HOT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment