Sunday, November 3, 2013

15 SPOOKY months!

15 MONTHS


So I was going to write an entire post about halloween but plans changed when I got like 5 good pictures total! So I thought I would also share a little about Jacob at 15 months since I did a similar post about the boys at 15 months also.

He weighs in at a heafty 27 lbs 2 oz. and his height is now on the charts (97th percentile) so he's slowed down in the inch department but he's still super tall for his age at 33 inches.


He is starting to talk more and more. He will repeat pretty much anything you ask him to say, although sometimes you have to use your imagination because it doens't quite sound like it supposed to. He is starting to say words with his signs too. So when he signs please he also says "pwee" and when he signs thank you he says "tay oo"


He is a super good eater. He likes pretty much everything except for juice. He has a total of 8 teeth. 4 on top and 4 on bottom and he is currently a drooling mess because ALL 4 of his molars are cutting through at the same time.


He loves to tackle his older brothers and loves playing on the floor with daddy. He is usually the one that is making the older boys cry. Nobody messes with him, even though he IS the baby around here!




He's starting to get into books a lot and he thinks he's old enough to play with Vincent and Landen's Nabi tablets (they are like kid ipads)  I'm thinking we might have to get Jacob one for Christmas!


He LOVE LOVE LOVES playing out side.  It doesn't matter what time of day it is he comes up to us and grabs our finger and starts pulling us towards the door "ah-schide, ah-schide" Try to explain to a toddler that 7:30 at night is too dark and too cold to be playing outside....ya, he doesn't really understand why you are saying no.


But most of all he tries to keep up with his older brothers. He wants what they have. He wants to be by them always (even like EVERY trip they take to the bathroom....yup there goes Jacob right behind them) For being 17 months younger than them, he is doing a pretty good job keeping up with them!



HALLOWEEN

 I was supposed to be making the boys' costumes with the help of my mom but it ended up being the other way around.  She pretty much made them and I helped a little, and by a little I mean a very little bit.  I bought the supplies for $19 bucks!! And my dad had some stuffs to help put the finishing touches on.  They turned out PERFECT!!! 

We ended up going to our church for their harvest festival.  It was pretty packed and Ryan was super sick with a head cold. Luckily my parents and my sister were there to help us keep track of the boys and corral them through the crowds.  Vincent didn't want to walk or even stand, Jacob tuckered out by 7:00 and Landen was frustrated because he just wanted to go go go.  It was a quick night and there were some not so pleasant moments but still a fun memory in the books.

My little cowardly lion, scarecrow and tin man!


Vincent was the lion. I kept telling him he was going to be a lion for halloween and then Landen would pipe in "and and I be a tiger!"  haha I kept having to correct him.  Maybe I should have had them be a lion, tiger and bear!....maybe next year.


You can kind of tell his is holding his tail in the above picture. Here is a picture of the back.


Landen was the scarecrow. I was most worried about this one because the burlap was itchy.  But Landen loved it! and was so sad when it came time to take it off at the end of the evening.


Landen intently playing the tossing games.


Jacob was the tin man.   We tried making his face gray with face paint.  You can kind of tell.  He did a great job keeping his funnell on his head.


My mom (grammie) helped him play a lot of the games at the church. Look at those cheeks!!


An attempt at a group shot at the harvest festival.


I'm already brainstorming themed costumes for next year. And I will do themed as long as they let me. I figure sooner or later they will have their own opinions on what they want to be. But for now...it's my turn to chose ;)




1 comment:

  1. Jacob looks just like Jess in that last picture. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete