Tuesday, October 1, 2013

1st Annual Camping Trip & Some Holguin Family News!

Camping At Lake Buena Vista


My Aunt (my dad's sister) came up with this fabulous idea to meet at a half way point and go camping together as a family.  All of my Dad's family live in southern California so we met half way at Buena Vista Lake for the weekend and had a blast!  I'm not going to lie...it was tiring...and there were a TON of things to pack, but it was soooo worth it.
The boys got to ride on the boat for the first time.  They were saying "weeeee" and "yah-hoo!"






The lake was SUPER low! This is my cousin standing in the middle of the lake.  


He's pretty good at wake boarding.....


We went out on the water again in the afternoon to see if the boys would like going on the tubes.
Vincent anxiously waiting to be taken to the boat....



My cousins Morgan and Chandler tried it first to show Vincent and Landen how it's done....



Then it was the boys' turn.  Landen wasn't too sure about it. And we wanted it to be a positive experience so my sister went in the tube with him and Vincent went in one all by himself.  (and then we went really really slow for a couple minutes) And that was their ride! And they loved it!



Then Ryan had to get in on the fun too.






All the boys really wanted to do was go swimming. And since it was so shallow and not very busy we let them have some time swimming behind the boat.



My sister got up on the wake board before we headed back for dinner.



Some of the family couldn't come up for the weekend to camp but were able to come for the day.  My cousin and her twins came and we tried to get a kid photo. This was the best one out of 20 shots.  I love how all three babies (Jacob, Cole and Faith) all have the same look, like "ummmm what is going on here?!"


This was the group on Saturday


Saturday night we introduced to the boys the art of roasting marshmellows and making smores! As Landen says "mmmm yummy deeee-sert!"





The boys were too mesmerized by the fire to look up for a picture


The first night of sleep was rough.  The boys were super cold and there were crazy idiot campers that were up until 3 AM being loud.  The second night was sooooo much better.  We piled on more blankets and the boys didn't wake up at all.  Jacob only woke up once.  He was with my sister in her tent so she kept making sure he was warm.  She is such a good auntie.  In the morning we would try and keep the boys occupied so they would stay quiet since the campgroud was still asleep, because you know, when people are on vacation they tend to sleep later then 7:00!  Ryan got bubble guppies playing on his phone and that seemed to work for a little while.


The boys chewing on their lovies while I was trying to lay in my sleeping bag for just five....more.....minutes!


It was such a fun trip and I'm so thankful my Aunt and Uncle thought of the idea and invited us! I really hope this becomes an annual thing!

Holguin Family News!

Starting next week I will be going back to work full time.  After some time praying and talking about it we decided that it would be best for our family financially if I put in more hours at work.  I studied hard to have the license that I do, and I LOVE the work that I do.  So if it helps provide for my family then this is something I am willing to do.  After our savings took a 10K thousand dollar hit in hospital bills when the triplets were born, we just haven't been able to bounce back from that with me only working two days a week.  There are some cons but so many pros to this decisions.  One of the biggest blessings about our family situation is that Ryan only works 8 months out of the year. That means for 5 months he is a stay at home dad.  And even during the 8 months he is working he works 3 days on and 4 days off sp the boys will only have to be in child care, at the most, 3 days a week.  They are soooooo ready for child interaction and learning new things.  Preschool is on the horizon and I know they are more than ready.  Twins are a blessing but that also means double the expenses right off the bat.  We want to provide as many opportunities for them as we can.  With life, everything has a season.  I worked part time for 3 years.  We will see how long this new arrangement will last. For now we are going into it with an open mind and we are hoping our family benefits from this decision.

The boys went to child care today for their first time. And they LOVED it!! They were so excited to tell me all about their day.

We would love for you to be praying for our family as we make this transition.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Heidi! What a big change for everyone. But what a blessing the boys will be going part time. Part time away and part time at home with daddy and mommy. I'm sure the boys will love daycare and playing with other kids. I'm grateful for me working part time and my boys being able to go to daycare part time. It's a win-win for all. :)

    ReplyDelete