Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Knotts Berry Farm

This year we took advantage of the discount Knott's Berry Farm offers to fire personnel.  Ryan and I got in free and so did the boys because of their age. Ryan's brother, James, went with us and only had to pay $19! 
I was way beyond excited to take the boys to an amusement park! We left at 6:30 a.m. Which you would think would be early enough, but after a stop for breakfast and stupid, dreadful, I don't know how people can live in L.A. traffic we didn't arrive at the park until 11:30.  It was hot! 85 degrees in January! I was grateful I grabbed a pair of shorts before we left. 
Our first ride was the little kid train. We thought that would be a good starter ride. DI-SAS-TER! Landen was a whining crying mess.  He was spooked from all the people and the loud roller coaster going right above the train tracks. I'm saying to myself why oh why did we think this was going to be fun? PLEASE don't tell me this is how he is going to be ALL day! At least we all had a laugh because while Landen is crying on the train, Vincent is pointing straight at him and saying "happened?? happened? crying! He crying!" Leave it to the older brother to embarrass the younger sibling.
By this time it is after 12 so we thought we would get some lunch (which on a side note....hello?!?! 15 dollars for a slice of pizza and a drink!?! It should be illegal to take advantage of the very people who PAID to get into the park. Well, we didn't pay but still that's beside the point.) On our way to finding a place to eat I spotted the carrousel. So we thought, hey it couldn't be any worse than our train ride right?! Might as well try it. Halleluia! They loved it! 

(BTW. Some of the pictures on this post are from my iphone so they are not the clearest) 

(Oh and another mommy failure to go in the books....we got the kids out of their beds and put them straight into the car at 6:30 when we left. And I forgot to pack hair gel!! So their hair was not done for the day. No biggie, we wouldn't be seeing anyone we knew BUT oh ya, people WILL see the pictures. So don't pay any attention to their scraggly head of hair)

Vincent is still AMAZED at the "ooooo...whites!" or
sometimes lights are called "lava-las"

Yay! We got a smile!
After we ate our ridiculously high priced lunch, I reclined the stroller seats and busted out the blankets and lovies and went for a little stroll around the park.  Ryan and James went and stood in line for an adult ride. For almost two hours the boys took a much needed nap in the stroller!

Do they look like twins?!?
While I was strolling my sleeping babes, I saw this sign and immediately missed my little Jakers who we left at home with my parents for the day.


 For this orange ride with the Jacob Mining Co. sign, Ryan and James got the back row of seats. The ride went right above me so I was able to get a picture of them going overhead.


James took over and watched the sleeping boys while Ryan and I went on the supreme scream ride. Which is a free fall ride and it was CRAZY high! I will admit, I screamed during the entire drop.



As the boys were just waking up, Ryan and James wanted to get on one more adult ride before we headed back to the kiddie section. So while they waited in line I got the boys a snack and changed their diapers. And then we waited at the exit of that ride. The boys were getting antsy so I let them run around but I was kind of nervous about having 2 loose toddlers and only 1 of me where there were a ton of people. But they did great! And stayed in the area I told them they could be. 
They were yelling "daddy! daddy!" at the people waiting in line

Ryan and James in the front two seats
The ride pulled them up backwards first
After that ride we went to find some rides that the boys could go on.


Some of them had a height requirement that they didn't pass BUT we did find one ride that they could go on all by themselves! It was totally weird strapping them into this little cart and leaving the area! They had to sit there until all the other kids were strapped in and ready to go before the ride started.



They LOVED this ride! They cried when it was over and ended up going on it 5 times. And at one point, since there wasn't a line waiting for that ride we could just leave them on it. They sat there patiently waiting for it to start up again. After three rides in a row I thought they should get off because I didn't want to see their lunch again.
I will post a video of it at the end of the blog. Not sure the video will work though but worth a try.

The one other ride we went on was a balloon ride. We sat in hot air balloon baskets and went around in a circle.  But seriously the entire time we were waiting in line for the balloon ride, they were asking to go back to the other ride they loved so much.

Vincent and I were in one hot air balloon

Landen and Ryan were in a hot air balloon together
(*I was excited this picture turned out so well!*)
 As we decided to head out of the park and call it a day I saw a painted Snoopy. I was telling Ryan that I was bummed we didn't see snoopy and get a picture of the boys with him. So we had the boys stand next to the painted snoopy. Landen was petting the "oggie"


BUT THEN! when we were almost to the entrance, there was Snoopy!! We stood in the short line to get our picture taken with him. And....yep!...Landen thinks the same thing about snoopy as he did Santa Claus! He faaa-reaked out!


but calmed down for a family pic.


James bought the boys a stuffed snoopy who was holding his birdie buddy Woodstock. They loved their "oggie"!


 After a quick stop for dinner and a change into pajamas we were on our way home again. The boys knocked out in the car after such a fun-filled day!




I'm so glad we went. And I hope we have many opportunities to do this again in years to come.

Here is a video of the boys on their favorite ride. I hope it works so you're able to see it! (one is a video from my phone and one from my camera. I'm not sure which one will work, if any at all.)







No comments:

Post a Comment