Monday, November 12, 2012

Hand Prints On My Heart

I've been wanting to get handprints made ever since the boys were born. But the first year just went by sooooo quickly that I never got around to it. Since I wanted their hands to still be little I knew I had to do it sooner rather than later. So I picked the 18 month mark.  I was afraid to make my own plaster of paris molds in fear that they would break or wouldn't last. So I called a local pottery place (which actually operates out of the owner's home) and I was able to make the hand prints out of clay. It required more creativity on my part than I expected but I had so much fun painting them and I'm looking forward to doing Jacobs when he is one and a half!

(I wish I would have gotten pictures of us pushing their hands into the clay...but it was a little chaotic that day! Jacob in the stroller and two 18 month olds in a strangers home...no way to keep track of them all and take pictures!!! My mom and my aunt were with me to help and it was still crazy. Oh well at least I got some pictures of the work in progress.)






Looking forward to doing this again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment