Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Meet my 4 month old



Jacob's 2 month stats: 15 lbs 9 oz and 25 inches.....the size of the average 4 month old!!

I told the pediatrician that he has been a hard one for me to figure out. And he pointed out that last time I had preemies and now I have a baby who is off the charts in length and in the ninety-fifth percentile in weight.  Its a mental adjustment for me....there is no comparing him with the twins. He told me I probably wasn't feeding him enough that's why he tends to be more fussy. I was shocked because I feel like I feed him ALOT! But the dr. pointed out that he's a bigger than normal baby, so he will need a bigger than normal feeding. And then he reassured me he is not over weight and it's okay to feed him more. We are adjusting his feedings....yet again....hopefully he stays content longer in between feedings. We are now offering him 8 oz. every 3 hours. He will eat any where between 6 to 7.5 of those oz.! My sister-in-law calls him T.J. (Tank Jr. ...since Vincent is already our Tank :) )

He's not making too much progress in taking longer naps nor is he very close to sleeping through the night....(which by the way I have learned that everyones definition of sleeping through the night is different. My definition is going 12 hours without eating. So Jacob is still getting up to eat once in between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m.)  I'm hoping he drops that feeding sometime this month! That would be AWESOME!

And I think somebody must have read him my last blog post about me hating to hear him cry after I put him down for his nap.  Either that or all that crying it out has really paid off. Because he is going down for his naps like a champ!! no more crying :) He is falling asleep on his own in his crib and I am loving it!

The boys have been so helpful....well as helpful as 19 month olds can be. They bring me his burp rags and boppy pillow when they see me getting his bottle ready.  When they see me swaddling him they come over and say "nigh nigh" and give him a kiss.  The other day Vincent noticed that his pacifier fell out. It was so cute watching him try to put it back into Jacobs mouth.




SWIMMING!
I have been taking the boys over to my parents at least once a week for the past couple of months to go swimming! My mom found these awesome inner-tube shirts and the boys LOVE jumping off the steps and even going down the slide with me. I have a feeling next summer is going to be awesome!! And we will have to go swimming much more often than once a week.  It has really cooled off at night lately and the water is pretty chilly. I knew last week was probably our last swim so I made sure to get some pictures of my little fishes.





SALES PITCH!

I can't say that the idea was mine. My friend Corinne suggested it to me when I was telling her how I wanted to just walk into the church nursery with my small snap-n-go stroller for Jacob and have the boys walk without me having to drag my big huge stroller in. But I was worried about keeping two toddlers close to the stroller and not running in every direction. She suggested Handles. So my mom and I went to Joanns and found some perfect materials to make these awesome handles!  I can attach them to my stroller, or even a shopping cart, or even put a carabiner on them and attach them to a belt loop or shoulder bag. NO...NO...it is NOT a leash!! The boys can let go at anytime, but they know that when mommy says hold onto the handle they do it or else we don't walk. And its boring to just stand in one place right!?!?


The short strap allows them to walk a little ahead or behind but still keeps them at an arms length!



Last week I picked them up from the nursery at MOPS. Vincent jetted out the nursery door, pushed his way through the crowd of mommies and B-lined it to the stroller...he held onto his handle..and there he stood waiting for me to get there so we could start walking! It was the first day I had used them and I was so excited that it worked so smoothly!

My mom might be adding this on as a little side business!! So contact me if you want one for your toddler!

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! How much is she charging?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $12 and that includes a carabiner! It would be great to have one for Aaron when the next baby arrives!

      Delete
  2. You go girlfriend:)! You got this mommy of "3 under 2" down;)

    ReplyDelete