Monday, March 12, 2012

Vincent's Surgery

Today Vincent had surgery. It was a surgery I have been anticipating since the day he was born. He was born with a skin tag in front of his left ear.  The surgeon said we could wait until be was around 9 yrs old to remove it if we wanted to do a local anesthesia and not have to put him under. Ryan and I both did not want him to be teased for this and we have noticed his brother Landen grabbing at it every once in awhile.  So we opted to have it done shortly after he turned one.  He will have no memory of this day and only the tiniest of scars.


His surgery was at 8:00 am. We had to be there at 6:30 and poor V-man could not have anything to eat or drink since midnight last night!! We had to wake him up and head to the surgery center.  He did awesome!!!  He was so calm while we waited and the only time he cried was when I had to change his diaper and get him out of his pajamas into the surgery gown.

getting his blood pressure and temperature taken.
wearing his snazzy socks, name band and surgery gown
a before picture

still knocked out after surgery
coming out of anesthesia
6 stitches and no more skin tag!

We want to thank everyone for all of their prayers. I know I was a nervous wreck but it was comforting to know everyone who loves Vincent was praying for him. Ryan prayed for him before we went into the surgery room which helped calm my nerves. I knew the Lords hands were on him and he was going to be ok.  
We are so happy with the results and are so thankful Vincent handled everything so well.  He was quite the trooper!

2 comments:

  1. Glad his surgery went smoothly. I enjoy following your family -- my sister is Sheryl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carolyn! Thanks for following my blog! :) Sheryl is a sweet friend. hope your family is doing well.

      Delete