Thursday, March 1, 2012

1 Year Birthday Bash

One year! This year has flown by! I think of how far Vincent and Landen have come and it amazes me!!


At birth:
Vincent weighed 4 lbs 15 oz and was 17.75" long
Landen weighed 3 lbs 7 oz and was 15.75" long

At one year:
Vincent weighs 21 lbs  4 oz and is 29.5 inches tall
Landen weighs 18 lbs  3 oz and is 29 inches tall

I wanted to document what they are doing now. I so often look back at this blog just to remember what my life was like when ... .


In January you both dropped your third (evening) nap and went down to two.  Your two naps last anywhere from an hour and a half to two hours long.  You pretty much stay on the same schedule, doing everything at the same time.

Awake: Between 6:30 and 7:00.
Breakfast: 7:30
After breakfast I get you dressed for the day and you spend some time playing in your play yard and some time out crawling about the living room area.
(Sometimes you get a morning snack at 9:30, depends on how well you guys are playing.)
Nap #1 usually 10:15 or 10:30
Lunch is around 11:30 or 12
Some more play time!
Nap #2 usually around 2:30 or 3:00
Afternoon bottle or snack around 4:00 or 4:30
Playtime until dinner.
Dinner around 6:15
After dinner straight to the bath and we get your P.J.s on
Then maybe some play time, depending on how fast dinner and bath went.
7:45 books, singing and prayers.
8:00 bedtime. (you both are usually asleep within 15 minutes of going to bed)

And your schedule starts back over again the next day :) !!!

You guys have been done with baby food for almost a month now. It has been soooo nice feeding you the same foods we eat!  You do great and love almost everything we have given you (with the exception of green beans?? which confuses me because you loved them as babyfood, but not as whole ones)

You are completely opposite!!
Yesterday you had bananas and strawberries with your toast for breakfast. Landen, you ate ALL your bananas first, picking around the strawberries. Vincent, you ate ALL your strawberries first, picking around the bananas.  You both finished everything but you ate the opposite fruits first. I don't know if it was a "save the best for last theory", or "eat what I like first" kind of a thing??

Teeth: Vincent you have the front two bottom teeth and the 4 center top teeth. Landen you have the front two bottom teeth. You are missing the top two middle teeth but the two on either side of that empty spot, are just starting to break through.


Vincent you stand by yourself very well because you have the patience to catch your balance and stand still long enough.


Landen you are on the go! You don't stand by yourself alot but you pull yourself up on everything. You took three steps by yourself the other day, but they were far from being balanced steps.  You just don't stand or sit still!

You both can walk across the room with the help of your walking toy and I'm sure it won't be long before you're both walking on your own.

You still aren't really saying anything. Momma and dadda come out frequently but not because you know who you are talking to.  We are working on sign language. You guys almost have the sign for "eat" down.  Landen you clap all the time. And your wave just looks like a flailing fist all over the place. Vincent, you don't really clap or wave. You just like to look at us with that cute face.

We LOVE  you both so much!!


































For the boys' first birthday we did a firefighter/dalmation theme. I made the invitations (I started a new side business called Double H Ink. I design invitations, announcements and greeting cards) Here's the invitation:


We had the party at a restaurant and I hand made all the decorations. We tried to keep the party low key but still made it a big enough celebration to honor these two precious boys :)


I had this large picture frame full of pictures throughout their first year! The center picture on the left is when they were 3 days old in the NICU and the picture in the middle is them at 1 year.




















My mom got them stuffed Dalmatian dogs. They had to be apart of the decor and not wrapped up with the gifts!

 I saw a picture of a fire engine cake on pinterest. My version doesn't look NEAR as good as the pinterest picture did but they were cute enough :) Complete with gum drop lights and oreo cookie wheels.


I decided to put a "K" on their birthday cake every year. This year they didn't know what it meant but eventually they will know that it is a way to remember Karissa. And if she were here with us, we would be celebrating her as well. I just thought it would be a nice way of keeping her apart of the triplets, even though she is celebrating somewhere far greater than we can imagine.






I totally forgot to take pictures of the center pieces that I had setting on the tables. This is what they look like but on the table at my house instead. Lots of candy! I had hot tamales in there too but you can't see them. And I made chocolate puppy paw suckers. There were puppy paw cut-outs down the center of the tables but I didn't get a picture of those either. It is hard to throw a party and get pictures taken at the same time!





We put the boys' high chairs up on a table so people could see them better.  And Ryan and I did most if not all of the opening.  We are so blessed with all of the gifts people got them. And the boys love all of their new toys!  They got a lot of clothes, toys, puzzles and books!




We all sang happy birthday and then let them have at their birthday cake!!! It was their first time having cake or anything that sweet. They weren't sure if it was edible at first. I pushed Vincent's hand in it, while Ryan chose to smear it all over Landen's face....nice.  By the end of their cake eating time, they had red frosting ALL OVER!









I am so DISAPPOINTED that we did not get a family picture of Ryan and I with the boys :( Like I said, it's hard to think to get pictures taken when you're trying to make a party go smoothly, make sure two birthday boys are taken care of and mingle with guest. I'm SUPER BUMMED I don't have a family picture of that day but we did get some cute pictures of the boys with other people who love them.

Ryan with his Grandma Christina and the boys.


The boys with my Cousin's twin sons, Trevor and Austin


The grandmas, with their grandsons :)


We are so blessed to have these boys in our lives and look forward to celebrating many many more years to come. Thank you to all who helped us celebrate them and who showered them with presents. They are our miracle babies and we LOVE them.

And they love each other.....


My sister didn't come to their birthday party but was able to visit them on their actual birthday and brought them individual cakes. This time they knew what to do!! (and it will be the LAST time they get cake until their second birthday!)



One more video..... I had the boys laughing so hard. I just love Vincent's deep giggle and Landen's playful grin. They love their monkey. (Don't pay attention to wheel of fortune going on in the background :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment