Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Lights of Love

Angel Babies is a non-profit organization that helps parents cope with the loss of a baby during pregnancy or after.  They were a huge support for Ryan and I during and after my stay in the hospital. They gave Karissa a cute pink teddy bear and the boys two brown ones that match.  They continue to call me to see how I'm doing and have been a great source of peace.
Angel Babies (Hinds Hospice) had a lighting ceremony tonight at Riverpark in Fresno to remember the loved ones who passed away this year.


A choir sang "The Prayer" while we lit our candles. And then they read off the names. My parents and my grandparents sponsored candles for Karissa.


This is a great organization, I wish it was available for people here in Visalia. I feel blessed to have delivered in Fresno and to have this much love and support available to us.

We had the boys bundled up because it was super cold. But they were there to honor their sister. Maybe we can make this a yearly tradition. "Lights of Love for Karissa"

























After they read off all of the names. They lit the beautiful large christmas tree located near the center of the Riverpark shopping center.  The tree was gorgeous! (This picture doesn't do it justice)  There is a light on that tree that represents our precious Karissa Marie.



We were grateful to have had tonight to remember her. She will have an awesome first Christmas in Heaven with Jesus!


And we are so grateful for the two gifts God has given us this year!

1 comment:

  1. Love you guys. What an awesome blessing! I think and pray often of you guys and Karissa when I am missing Dad. So cool to do this with the boys everything year and support an organization doing such an awesome thing. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete