Sunday, July 31, 2011

July 2011

 July has been one HOT month!!  Here's a little bit of what we've been up to.

5 Months



Both babies are laughing and smiling so much.  They are "talking" more and more.  I love listening to them in the morning talking in their crib just waiting for me to go in and get them up.

We have tried rice cereal with them both.  They were NOT fans!  So we just put some in their morning and evening bottles.  We will try again next month.  Right now they are eating 4 7oz. bottles a day and getting a one hour nap in the morning, a two hour nap in the early afternoon and a one hour nap in the early evenings.  I am NOT a morning person!!! So I put my boys down to bed at 8:30 p.m. so the earliest they wake up is 7:30 a.m.  Any earlier than that and I would be a zombie!! I am loving their schedule right now!

Started off okay....turned bad real quick!
   

Tricked Vincent into swallowing by putting a nipple in his mouth. It semi-worked.


They have learned how to grab at toys and of course they LOVE to put them in their mouth!!


Ryan has made our boys into quite the baseball fans.  They love watching baseball and were born to be fans for two teams...in the same division?!  At least there is 2x the chance that "their" team will make it to the world series right?

A's...daddy's #1 team!

A picture with Uncle James.  Angel's mommy's #1 team!

We got a call from the cemetery letting us know Karissa's headstone had been placed.  So we brought the boys to "see" their sister......It was the first time they were all 3 "together" since their birthday.  This was the first of MANY times we would visit her as a family.  It was such a sweet moment, they didn't know what was going on but someday they will and the headstone turned out just perfect. (I just wish we brought canned air so we could blow off the dirt...next time)  




I put this shadow box in the nursery, on the wall where Karissa's crib was.  I'm so thankful we have these little things to remember her by. 



The boys are becoming more and more aware of each other. Talking to and laughing at each other.  

In their cute fire fighting outfits

Becoming best buds.
Just last week my mom and I took a trip to southern California.  It was my first trip with the boys. Man their was a lot to pack!!!  We left early monday morning and came back Wednesday afternoon.  The boys and I stayed at my cousin Chelsey's house.  We did a ton of things in just a short time.  We got to visit with family, go shopping, meet Chelsey's friend Jenalee and her boy Jake, some more shopping and on our way home we stopped by to see my cousin Natalie and her new baby girl Lexi.

Taking a walk in Chelsey's neighborhood
Bath time in Auntie Chelsey's sink
The boys and Jake.
We shouldn't have waited until right before their
nap times to take a picture! 
Taking picture with Natalie and Lexi and her twin boys Austin and Trevor

2 comments:

  1. Your updates are so precious. This one made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! Sometimes I cry while writing them. But so nice to have these things documented. I'm enjoying your blog too and reading about your adventure in southern cali.

    ReplyDelete