Sunday, March 6, 2011

Karissa Marie Holguin


We will never forget our first daughter
Friday, March 4th


We had a private graveside service in honor of Karissa with just immediate family present.  We acknowledged the life Karissa never had the chance to have and we rejoiced in the fact that she will never have to face the pains of this world but will only know the love God has for her.  We believe one day soon we will meet our daughter and until then she is spending time with relatives passed and our savior Jesus Christ.

Karissa wore her dress and bonnett from the hospital and had her blanket and pink teddy bear with her in her casket.  



Pastor Tim ended the message with this simple prayer.  I will never say this prayer again without thinking about Karissa.

***

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
If I should die before I wake
I pray the Lord my soul to take

***

We wanted to say a special thank-you to Ruben and Sandra Lopez for making a donation to St. Jude's in the name of Karissa Marie.  We are touched by such a special gesture.


1 comment:

  1. Karissa was so lucky to have spent her short, precious life, in someone as amazing as you Heidi. Thank you for sharing this intimate moment with us. We were thinking of you and praying for you on that difficult day.

    ReplyDelete