Thursday, January 20, 2011

We made it to the first BIG goal!!! 28 WEEKS!

Week 28 means a 90% chance of survival with minimal chance of life long health conditions if the babies were born today!!! Of course the longer they stay in the womb, the healthier they will be so the next goal is to make it out of the 20's.  Week 30 here we come!
My Belly pic at 28 weeks :)


Some good news from the doctor.  I passed my 3 hour glucose test.  Meaning no gestational diabetes for me!  GD is very common with multiples and with 3, I was at a higher risk but I dodged that condition!

I'm very excited for next week. We have our monthly scan.  So we will be finding out their current weights and measurements.  And We get to see them.....So excited!

Some really GOOD news!! The triplet stroller we purchased will only last as long as the babies are in their infant carriers.  So Ryan and I have been looking into what will be the next stroller option.  I have joined a triplet group forum online and all of the women in this group really recommend and love the ABC adventure buggy.  This stroller fits through standard door ways! BUT it's only made in Australia/New Zealand.  It is listed on EBAY for $1500 plus $300 to ship it to the US.  This is a crazy amount of money to spend on a stroller, but Ryan and I were thinking it just might be worth the money with the use we'd get out of it. Anyway, onto the good news, I was logged onto the same triplet forum a week ago and the same ladies were talking about a January sale on this stroller! Order it straight from the manufacture for $699 and get free shipping to the US!!!  Needless to say we are definitely ordering this stroller now at less than half the price of what we were getting prepared to pay! The Lord always provides!!  Here's a picture of the future Holguin family stroller!


This past weekend 4 very special friends of mine threw me a beautiful baby shower.  Thank you so much Leslie, Corinne, Vanessa and Julie!  The decorations were adorable and the food was so yummy!



Corinne hand made these cute little birdies :)
It was so nice seeing everyone at the shower and catching up.  Now that I'm off work and basically ginormous I don't get out to social events too often so it was nice being around such great friends.  They were all way too generous and I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends and church family.  I'm still in awe of their generosity.  My babies were spoiled!














Very soft handmade blankets!! Thank-you Linda!

Of course we'll have a girlie girl




All 3 say "I'm the cutest"!










Holly cross-stiched three bootie pictures and will add birth date, weight and names later!
I can't wait to have this special gift hanging in the nursery!

Leslie, Corinne, Myself, Vanessa, Julie
Thank you ladies for such an awesome shower! And for being such an encouragement to me!







2 comments:

  1. You have to be the cutest pregnant women I know. Seriously. Your bump is prefect! I am so excited for you! You're in my prayers girl! So glad you found that forum online, it will be helpful!!! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are glowing!! I can't wait to see you and your adorable baby bump in 5 days! God has truly blessed your pregnancy and has taken such good care of you and those babies. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete